What Time is it? Hike Time!
The TRUE linkswear shoes are shined. The Linksoul shirts are in. Kentwool socks are ready for 100 holes or more of blister-free activity. It's less than 72 hours until our first Hundred Hole Hike event at Flossmoor Country Club on Monday June 18th! A couple key reminders heading into this last weekend:
- There is still plenty of time to pledge. Use the search tools or click browse all at the top of the page and find a golfer and cause to support. The pledge window will run through mid-August, but please support your hiker and offer words of encouragement or special bonuses in the comment section to provide as much motivation as possible on their hike day. $150,000 is right around the corner!
- One easy way to support the hike and the Evans Scholars is to pick up one of the HHH limited edition TRUE linkswear shoes (pictured above). 50% of the proceeds from the sale of the phx ($99) and stealth ($199) will go to charity. The black and electric blue stealths are by far the most comfortable golf shoes I've ever worn. Click here to find out more.
- Many of the hikers are still in need of volunteers for caddies, forecaddies and other assistants. Please contact me at email@example.com if you'd like to help out.
- We just announced a partnership deal with Golfsmith, the world's largest chain of golf superstores. Basically, Golfsmith is providing a no-cost/low-cost way of supporting One Divot, the charitable organization behind the Hundred Hole Hike. Donate $10 to One Divot via the Paypal link below, and you'll receive a promotional card good for $10 off at Golfsmith (in-store or online) when you spend $10 or more. Everybody has to go to the golf store sooner or later, right? Please take advantage of this opportunity.
- Many of the Hundred Hole Hikers will be live tweeting during their hike event. I will be caddying for my good friend Jeff Tang, who is walking for Els for Autism. Jeff's not on twitter, but I will provide updates on his progress and some of the other happenings at Flossmoor. Look for the #HHH100 hash tag.